Excellent communication skills across cultures and languages are essential in today’s world. Waterloo Independent Secondary School’s aim is to build a diverse school community where students rub shoulders with classmates from around the globe. Diversity strengthens our learning environment.
We understand international students’ needs. Our principal and our teachers have many years’ experience with second-language learners and in teaching internationally. They are the ones who inculcate attitudes necessary for global skills.
Waterloo Independent Secondary School welcomes all students interested in a global education and we:
- Expert and skilled School Principal
- Experienced Ontario certified teachers
- Weekly Progress Reports keep parents informed and help students improve
- Regular Guidance meetings with students support their progress and help them with career planning
- Flexible Enrolment Schedule
- Free After-school tutoring and study support
- Low teacher/student Ratio – 1 Teacher to 15 Students
- Near the University of Waterloo and Wilfrid Laurier University
- Variety of sports and arts clubs; Indoor sports facility, Art Studio, Auditorium, and computer lab…
- Located in the historical City Centre with beautiful Campus Environment
- Luxurious Student Residence with outdoor activity yard
- Native English Speaking Area in a Diverse Community
- Near International Airport – No Transfer Needed