Admission and Registration – International
At Waterloo Independent Secondary School (WISS), we believe choosing a school that suits the specific requirements of your child is extremely important for the well-being and future success of your child. We invite you to learn more about WISS.
The Admission Process
- Request an information package and / or attend an information session: Our information sessions allow families to learn about our school and its the advantages. We invite you to attend as it is a great opportunity to meet with current students and their families, alumni, and teachers.
- Interview with the Academic Director: It is advisable to have the interview with the Academic Director after attending one of our information sessions. If you cannot attend a session, an interview may be arranged at your convenience during school hours. Contact email@example.com. The interview helps our Academic Director determine your child’s academic needs, interests, and goals in order to to personalize his/her education plan.
- Registration and Enrollment: You may register either ONLINE or in person at our Administration Office. This ensures a spot is saved for the student. Once course choices have been made, you may enroll at WISS.
The Registration Process
Please follow the steps to complete your registration:
Step 1: Complete your International Student Application Form. The form can be obtained from the WISS admissions office, admission representative in your local area, or you may register online (http://www.waterlooss.ca/registration/).
Step 2: Submit the Application form to the WISS admission office or to your local admission representative along with $395.00 registration fee and the required supporting documents:
- Your official high school transcript and/or other education completed
- Proof of English proficiency such as TOEFL or IELTS (if applicable)
Step 3: WISS admissions staff will assess courses that have been completed and determine the number of credits to transfer.
Step 4: You will receive a Pre-Admission Letter which includes program details and tuition fee statement.
Step 5: Pay the tuition fees after which you will receive a “Letter of Acceptance”.
Step 6: For international students applying for a Study Permit/Visa, contact the Canadian Embassy, your admission agent or WISS visa office in Shanghai using the Letter of Acceptance.
Step 7: Pay the school residence or home-stay fees and a welcoming home in Canada will be ready upon your arrival.
Step 8: Book your flight and inform the WISS service department (firstname.lastname@example.org) of your flight information (airline, flight number and arrival time). WISS will arrange for pick up at the airport.