International Students are welcome to apply to Waterloo Independent Secondary School through the school admissions office or WISS admission partners in your area.
For Overseas Students
Please complete the application form. You can request one copy from your admission advisor or fill it online: www.waterlooss.ca/apply
Please send your School Transcript to email@example.com
*To be eligible for the application to Waterloo Independent Secondary School (WISS), the following GPA from your current school transcript are required:
At least 60% for applications for WISS Grade 7 or 8
At least 70% for applications for WISS Grade 9 or 10
At least 80% for applications for WISS Grade 11 or 12
Please send the application fee ($750)
The options for payment can be:
Via Flywire: You can make a payment via Flywire by visiting https://www.flywire.com/select-institution and selecting “Waterloo Independent Secondary School” as the institution. Follow the instructions to proceed with your payment.
Via Interact Email Transfer: Alternatively, you can choose to make an email transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
By bank draft: Visit your bank branch to obtain a bank draft payable to “Waterloo Independent Secondary School” and drop it off at the school main office.
As part of the admission process, we require students to participate in an interview/assessment conducted by our language assessment team. Your admission advisor will schedule an interview appointment for you.
If you have any language test results available, please submit for an assessment exemption. For waiving the WISS assessment, you must have
IELTS band 5.0 or TOEFL score 35 minimum
If you meet the admission requirements, you will receive a preliminary letter of acceptance with an invoice for the school fees to proceed with the registration and enrolment process below:
Please review and sign the registration form sent by the WISS Administration/Registrar’s office.
Please ensure that you make payments for invoice #1 – tuition fee, other fees can be paid after the visa is received.
Once your payment is confirmed, you will receive the Letter of Acceptance, which is a crucial document for starting the visa application process. For any inquiries or assistance with your visa application, feel free to consult with the WISS advisors who specialize in visa matters.
Now you are officially registered!
Before enrolment, a Welcome Package will be sent to you before the semester starts. This package will contain important information such as a checklist for your trip to Canada, details regarding your arrival, airport pick-up, accommodation, school policies, and more.
Fee Schedule International Students 2024/2025
Academic Tuition Fee
Books and Materials
Clubs and Activities
(1blazer, 2 shirts, 1 hoodie, 2 Polo shirt, 2 pair of pants, 2 ties)
Total School Fees
Other Fees You May Pay
(if applied to your)
Accommodations and Meal Plans
Visa Application Fee
Depend on which country you are from
1. The application fee is non-refundable in any circumstances and should be submitted with the completed application Form and other documents. International students must pay the tuition fee in order to receive a Letter of Acceptance to apply for or renew their visa or study permit.
2. Fees can be paid by cheque, certified cheque, bank draft or wire transfer. There will be a CAD$40 charge for any returned cheque, and the subsequent school fees will be accepted in bank drafts only.
3. If payment is made by Telegraphic Transfer, please scan the Remittance Form copy from the bank and send it to the school admin office by email.
4. The accommodation fee and accommodation deposit must be paid in full one month before moving in.
5. The deposit covers damages to school and dorm facilities, student expenses in emergencies, other fees, etc. The deposit balance will be refunded at the end of the study period (graduation).
6. The medical insurance plan entitles the student to be covered in North America during the period of validity. The medical insurance fee is non-refundable and has to be paid before arrival.
7. Once a Letter of Acceptance is issued on behalf of a student for visa or passport application purposes, there will be no refund for tuition, custodianship, and other fees unless the visa application is rejected. Proof from Canadian Immigration or Embassies must be provided in order to receive a refund.
8. For students who use their own third-party agencies to apply for the visa but get rejected and cancel the registration with us, $3000 will be deducted from the tuition fees as the administration and enrolment reservation.
A rejection letter shall be submitted by the parents or guardians.
Follow up with the school management about a decision.
The school management will review within 10 business days.
When the decision is made, the finance sector will be notified to proceed with the refund.
The finance office will process the refund on the 1st of the month (holidays, summer and winter vacations don’t count).